Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the Road Again


So, it’s been a little while now hasn’t it…

The last little while has been pretty eventful, more than I could really have ever imagined. Me and a buddy got jumped outside a bar (we’re fine – the other guys not so much ;-), I got to house-sit my best friend’s super funky apartment in an uber cool neighbourhood and, for the last four days, have experienced the ungodly wrath of a stomach flu that kept coming back for more.

With all of that going on, it was quite by accident that I found myself getting a new job.

So, I guess this is goodbye. But I’ve always preferred until we meet again…

Sometimes that’s just life – you fall ass backwards into something you didn’t even know you could do, and it fits and the stars and planets align and you say, well coincidence or not, something’s up here. Sure, its surreal – some would say synchronicity. I don’t believe in such things, but I’ve always appreciated the plot twists on the road.

So, it is with much regret that I bid you all adieu and move on to a new experience. 

Having documented TXT-TV on its way up from what was little more than an idea several months ago to a fully-fledged network has been very exciting to say the very least. But most of all, it was a real treat to work with all the fine people here behind the scenes. They know who they are and they’re all good people, it was indeed a pleasure getting to know them. It was fascinating and challenging, and ultimately quite a rewarding experience all around.

As I leave TXT-TV, I leave confident this network is in very capable hands, because when you enjoy what you do it’s effortless, and I don’t think I had ever seen a place where people went to work so at ease, so comfortably. It definitely caught the eye.

Long may you run…

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at your next job! I'll miss reading your always witty posts.

    ReplyDelete